Monsoon Bucket Rating
Heli-Hire Limited, in association with Fire & Rescue New Zealand, offers training for both pilots and ground crew who are likely to be working with Monsoon Buckets, both on the ground and in the air. This training meets the NZQA National Qualification Framework standards. At the conclusion of the training, the student will be able to demonstrate knowledge of safe practices when loading and working with rotary and fixed wing aircraft. The endorsement comprises the following topics and NQF Unit Standards:
WORK SAFELY WITH AIRCRAFT
- Unit 20388 – Work safely with aircraft at emergency incidents;
- Unit 3288 – Load water and additives for aerial operations, and:
- Unit 423 – Work with Helicopters.
- Unit 3278 – Demonstrate knowledge of command control structures of emergency services, and:
- Unit 17279 – Describe the co-ordinated incident management system in emergency.
PERSONAL SAFETY AT RURAL FIRES
- Unit 3285 – Protection of personal safety at vegetation fires.
COMMS IN OPERATIONAL & EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
- Unit 4573 – Communicate using two-way radio in the outdoors.
FACTORS AFFECTING FIRE BEHAVIOR
- Unit 14564 – Demonstrate knowledge of fire environment on vegetation fire behavior.
While not part of the unit standards, Heli-Hire Limited also offers training on the HELiFIRE Monsoon Buckets and will run through Standard Operating Procedures. These procedures may vary between buckets supplied by different manufacturers.